Thursday, January 21, 2010

AND THE RAIN CAME DOWN


YESTERDAY, after the big rain we had in the night. Clear sky, no problem, right? (There's usually no water in the retention basin. Kids playing ball and running around is the usual!)



TODAY with the rain clouds rolling in. I wonder how much this retention basin holds? But I'm not worried, really I'm not. Really I'm not. Really...did I say that already?

We are supposed to get a huge rain and wind storm today and tomorrow. Now I don't want you to think I'm worried about it, I'm not, exactly. I'm just thinking...new house, new surroundings (retention basin), new weather at this new house. Hope there's no big surprises waiting for us in the next two days. Oh, I'm sure we'll be fine--don't worry for us, but we are surrounded by a little lake since the rain we had the night before last. And it wasn't the BIG storm that's still on it's way!! Wish us luck!

3 comments:

  1. Don't you wish there was a big plug at the bottom of that 'lake' you could pull and the water would swirl down and be gone and ready for more? In other places the ground soaks it in. but here? not so much. Good luck and keep us posted! I know... you're not worried.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and Kath... Christmas is over... really over... you need a new background. I must say though, I really like this background. I had to stop listening to Christmas music... so you have to get a new background. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good girl! Very Cute background!

    ReplyDelete