Monday, February 1, 2010

ICE SKATING





So the Laurels and Priests had a really fun night last week. They went Ice Skating. Lots of the kids already knew how to skate but some didn't. No matter-- they all got out there and the ones who didn't know how, gave it a try and did pretty good (after a while). What fun!!! I chose to watch--this time! (although I do know how to ice skate from my youth) since Jim forbade me in case I fell and broke something and couldn't go to Texas to babysit ANYDAY NOW. I thought about it pretty seriously though. And it looked like so much fun!! Maybe next time!

7 comments:

  1. It wouldn't have looked too good if you would have gone out there and skated circles around your youth! That was very thoughtful and humble of you. Remember the gold medal you won in the.... was it 1965 or 1966 olympics for figure skating? Those were the days, right? You should be proud of that medal and not act like "Oh maybe I remember how to skate from my youth." Love ya sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW- you're either way behind or way ahead on your background. Oh well, Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you went to the olympics for figure skating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Mom, you sure made that believable! Anna apparently thinks Kathy went to the Olympics! ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister is a bona fide trickster. I got a good laugh out of it, hope you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well... you WATCHED the olympics.... how hard can it be?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are FUNNY!! I remember ice skating too, Kathy. Remember that lot that they turned into a skating rink in Idaho Falls? Anna's comment cracks me up. Cheryl, that was a good one.

    ReplyDelete