Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Thirteen years ago today Dad passed away.  I miss him and always will...until we meet again on the other side.  He was always so good to me and I felt like he would do anything for me.  I know realistically, he MAY not have really been able to do that, but I don't think there's much he wouldn't have been willing to do.  I miss that twinkle in his eye and his cute sense of humor.  He was a strong and sturdy man and I liked that, too.  I'm sure he and Mom are enjoying each other right now.  I miss them both.

Dad and Mom snuggling on Mother's Day 1979.  He always got her flowers!!


Coveralls!! (Dad always did like those).  I think he looks very "John Wayne-ish" in this picture in Hawaii at Hickam Field.  (He was there between 1939 and early 1942).

3 comments:

  1. Dad was such a good man! I loved the way he treated us, he loved his girls... okay maybe the boys too, but he was very tender towards girls. I miss him too, and was also thinking about him. Glad you blogged about him today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss grandpa so much! Can't wait until the day I can lay my head on his perfect shoulders ;) Love you grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been missing them both so much lately! It was good to see these pictures today.

    ReplyDelete