Monday, November 9, 2009

Polar Express 2008

Last year at this time, we went on the Polar Express with Sam and Jenn and the kids. It was great fun and the kids loved it. Well, they loved everything except finding out that they couldn't get off the train at the North Pole. That was a huge disappointment that was really hard to explain to them. Really hard. But we still had a great time, in spite of that awkward moment of realization for them.

We won't be going to the North Pole this year, but they are coming for Thanksgiving and that will be fun. I'm going into the hospital tomorrow to have surgery, but I will hopefully be feeling better by the time they come to visit. I'm not keen on surgery (not on me, anyway) but sometimes you "gotta do what you gotta do". So I'm doin' it. Wish me luck.










Me, Atticus, Berkeley and Papa




Jim and I





4 comments:

  1. Good luck with the surgery! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck!! Which hospital are you going to? I forgot to ask you that the other day. We have you in our prayers. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know you were getting surgery! Good luck and I'll keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks y'all. I'm going to Banner Gateway.

    ReplyDelete