Monday, November 23, 2009

QUEEN CREEK PERKS

Queen Creek is a great little town. I learned today that there are approximately 24,000 people in QC. This weekend I discovered a couple of novel little perks about my new "home town." As you can see on the crosswalk signal on the corner by our house, there is an extra button. It's up higher on the pole for people sitting up on their horses. Yeah, I'm serious, see the picture over the button?



Then there's this little perk:
I saw two people on horses coming into the parking lot at the Circle K that is just two miles from our house (about 1/2 mile from Tim & Heidi's). They moseyed right over to the HITCHING POST on the north end of the parking lot. I love it! All you horse lovers should consider making a move to this end of the valley. It doesn't get much better than this!!!
I may have to go out and buy myself a new mode of transportation! Unfortunately we don't have horse property, we're just in a normal neighborhood, and I don't think I could keep a horse in my garage! Dang!

7 comments:

  1. That is so cool! Dad would have gotten a kick out of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks as though horses are amidst the city... you can do it, Kath... get you some horses! All they need is a little room in the backyard, take them for a walk everyday... across the crosswalk... over to the Circle K hitching post... a little refreshing beverage... back home to their cozy little backyard. Go for it!!!!!! We have city all around us, and we have horses... and no designated crosswalk signal or hitching post at our Circle K. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS You need to update your "about me" on the right. You now have 3 grandkids, and one more on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yeah!! I do need to update. Also, We have a half acre (or less) and you have 5 acres!! I think we need a little more acreage for horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That so awesome!!!! I love it! I'm going to petition for a hitching post at our circle k too.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that's a new one! I love it too. I also think you need more than 1/2 acre to keep horses on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kathy -
    Thanks for the post on Carly's blog - I would love to hear about Alex and how he is doing! And to share that with Carly as well - she would love that!
    Glad you are happy in QC - we miss you around here!
    I grew up in QC - a lot less people bag then!!! have a great day!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete