Monday, August 9, 2010

Thinking of Dad



I was doing a little family history today and ran across this article out of the Idaho Falls Post Register way back when???  Anyway, I scanned it into my computer and then decided to do a blog on it today.
Mom would have loved to have this computer and figured out how to do scans and posts and all.  She was way ahead of me when it comes to this stuff, so I'm sure she'd be way ahead now if she had had the chance to continue on in this life (without that stupid dementia!!)
And for anyone who wonders about the economy today.  I remember that Mom and Dad went with George and Tress and I think another couple to Yellowstone on this trip that's talked about in the article.  But when they got there, they didn't have enough money to pay the park fee so had to turn around and go home.  About the only thing they owned was the new car Dad bought when he got home from the war.  And it was a real luxury and he was really proud of it. 
Thought you might enjoy reading this.  I've seen it before but don't remember really sitting and reading it.  So here it is:


           




4 comments:

  1. OK. So I'm writing the first comment. I had to redo the copies of this article and scan them into iphoto so I could get them on here. I tried before and failed so I deleted the post. Now it's back. Hope it's right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! I love any posts about Mom or Dad! Thanks for posting this. Copy it and put it on the "Story of a Family" blog, it will post the article and everything fine. I'm so glad you scanned that so that we can preserve it...yay computers!! And yes, Mom would have probably blown us all out of the water with her computer skills had she learned it in her youth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I really enjoyed reading this article. I loved knowing that those quotes are directly from my grandpa! He was and continues to be an amazing and influential man. Love you Grandpa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, this is really cool! I love hearing stories about Grandpa. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete