Sunday, August 22, 2010

Uncle George

We went to the Steele Family Reunion in Iona, Idaho last week.  While we were there my sisters and cousins went to visit our Dad's only living sibling,  Uncle George.  He is 91 yrs. old and still very sharp and sweet just our Dad was.  He said several things that just sounded like Dad.  Like when we asked him how the care center was that he lives in, he said:  "Oh, they take pretty good care of me."  That's just like what Dad would have said.  He was very appreciative that we would come visit him and the nice thing is that he'll probably remember it for a while, too.  He has back trouble that makes it very hard for him to get around.  It was good to visit with him.


Cousin Mary, Patty, Me, Pam, Uncle George and Linda kneeling.




















Me, Uncle George in background, Patty and cousin Pam.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could have gone to the reunion and to see Uncle George. It always makes me miss Dad so much when I see all of his relatives. That is ONE GOOD FAMILY!!! Glad you went and represented us.

    ReplyDelete