Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Love to See The Temple

Diane and I went to the Salt Lake Temple on Thursday and it was wonderful. Then afterward we went to the Joseph Smith Building and had lunch upstairs in the Garden Room. While we were sitting there, I noticed the reflection of the JSB in the windows across the street and took this picture. Can you see it? Down town SLC has lots of tall building now and lots of building going on.
Here we are with the Temple in the background. It's so beautiful. I was so happy to go back to the SL Temple and do a session in the temple I was married in...over 35 years ago.
In case you think a pro took this, let me just tell you: I took this one and the one below. You thought they were postcards, didn't you?
Isn't it a magnificent structure--no wonder it took 40 years for the pioneers to build it. Also, Snowbird is up the Little Cottonwood Canyon, where the pioneers went to get the granite they used to build the temple. It's just so amazing to me.

2 comments:

  1. You should sell those pics to some... post...card...company or something, 'cause they're pretty darn good! I'm loving reading about and seeing your trip with the pictures. Glad you're sharing it.

    ReplyDelete